The app works as follows:
Upon receiving a text, AutoSpoke for Android™ automatically converts the message into speech and delivers it using high quality speech through your car's your hands-free kit. We use it on our Bluetooth-enabled car stereo.
After reading the message aloud, you can speak any of a variety of commands 'say' (to send a text message), 'call' (to call the sender), "repeat", "goodbye".
The entire process is both hands and eyes free – your eyes stay on the road and your hands stay on the wheel.
- AutoSpoke translates textese (lingo) into English so parents will now be able to understand their childrens' shorthand.
- The app incorporates a personal phrase book that allows your favorite text messages to be stored and sent just by speaking them.
- AutoSpoke also offers on-demand transcription services when complex and accurate messages are sent.
- The AutoSpoke architecture utilizes network resources to provide the best translations.
- Although the Android version is being shown today, when provided by a carrier, it can run on any phone.
- It can also be configured to detect motion and only activate voice mode while moving.
While there are a few products in this space, The AutoSpoke patent-pending technology is the key difference because it runs in the background and does not require any user interaction, making it a true hands and eyes-free application. In addition, AutoSpoke uses shared network resources so it is not limited by handset computing power.